“Baby’s” is the possessive form of the singular common noun ‘Baby’. In English grammar, possessives are used to indicate relations and possessions between people and things. In order to make possessive form of a word, we generally add an apostrophe + s (‘s) with that word; the possessive form of the word ‘baby’ will be baby’s.
“Babies” is the plural form of the singular common noun ‘baby’. In order to make plural of a singular noun we usually add ‘s’ or ‘es’ after the words but in some cases when the words end with ‘y’, we change ‘y’ to an ‘I’ and then we add an ‘es’ at the end to make it plural. For example, the singular common noun ‘baby’ will become ‘babies’.
Table of Contents
Should I use Baby’s or Babies?
Baby’s should be used when you are talking especially about one baby and his or her relations or possessions. For example: Our baby’s birthday. On the other hand, if you are talking about more than one baby then you must use plural form ‘babies’.
10 examples of how to use Baby’s in a sentence
- “Baby’s day out” is my favorite childhood comedy and I still used to watch it because it’s always funny and amusing and it reminds me of my golden days.
- The baby’s smile is genuine and free of worries, I want to have such smile on my face but it’s impossible now to smile in that way!
- Where is your baby’s file, I want to check her medicines and the doctor has recommended some other medicines to start from the next week.
- Mom, when will the baby’s hair be long, I want to see his long hair and I have a plan to cut his hair according to some new trends.
- Our baby’s health is worsening day by day, I am conscious about his health that’s why we must consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- Baby’s diet must be up to date because without it his health could be affected and I can’t bear poor health of my baby.
- I am going to buy some candles for our baby’s birthday and his father will bring the cake so that we can celebrate his first birthday.
- Can you please recommend me some good book shops; I want to buy my baby’s grade one books and some other stuff too.
- Our baby’s friends must be invited on lunch because we haven’t invited them yet and I am going to give them some gifts too, what do you think?
- Baby’s clothes must be washed separately because washing them with other clothes can be infectious and I don’t want to take any risk, understood?
5 examples of how to use Babies in a sentence
- There are different diseases related to babies and I am dubious that what kind of disease Michael was suffering from because his symptoms were quite skeptic.
- Babies are facing serious health issues like malnutrition and rickets is one of the diseases related with malnutrition and deficiency of vitamins.
- Babies are not allowed into the hospital but I think there is logic behind this warning and I am quite sure that it is due to the spread of corona virus.
- All the babies must be treated equally and I don’t want to see anyone weak that’s why all the staff must be conscious while treating the babies.
- Babies must not be left alone in the park because there are some dangerous animal species which can harm them.
Quiz: Have you mastered Baby’s or Babies?
Correct answers can be seen under the next heading
- Bringing (A. baby’s /B. babies) food is your responsibility John, and I don’t want to be responsible for all the things related to our baby.
- All the (A. baby’s /B. babies) must be vaccinated before the end of this month and after that you will not get a chance for vaccination.
- (A. baby’s /B. babies) feeder must be sterilized after every hour and if you don’t do that then you will face the music.
- Why you are always stupid about selecting good food for the (A. baby’s /B. babies), if you will do it again then you would be fired from this job.
- (A. baby’s /B. babies) poor health conditions are due to the negligence of your care and I can’t bear this attitude every time; this is my last warning!
Answers to the quiz on Baby’s or Babies
You may also like: Friends or Friend’s or Friends’? Correct Possessive (Helpful Examples)