“Dogs” is the plural form of the singular noun ‘dog’. In order to make plural of a singular noun we usually add ‘s’ or ‘es’ after the words.
“Dogs’” is the possessive form of the plural noun ‘dogs’. In English grammar, possessives are used to indicate relations and possessions between people and things. In order to make possessive form of a plural word, we generally add an apostrophe (‘) at the end of that word; the possessive form of the plural noun “dogs” will be dogs’.
“Dog’s” is the possessive form of the singular noun ‘dog’. In English grammar, possessives are used to indicate relations and possessions between people and things. In order to make possessive form of a singular word, we generally add an apostrophe + s (‘s) with that word; the possessive form of the word “dog” will be dog’s.
Should I use Dogs or Dogs’ or Dog’s?
Dogs should be used if you are talking about more than one dog, not about possessions or relations. For example: I have two dogs. Dogs’ should be used if you are talking about more than one dog and their possessions or relations. For example: Dogs’ habits are always annoying for some people. On the other hand, if you are talking about only one dog and its possessions or relations then you must use dog’s. For example: my dog’s puppies are cute.
5 examples of how to use Dogs in a sentence
- There are many breeds of dogs and I am really confused, but I think I must buy a German shepherd because they are quite perfect for habitats like our ones.
- Dogs are always loyal and there are a lot of examples and stories related to their loyalness and I think my dog is one of them.
- Dogs were not responsible for the outbreak of such viruses but I think there might be some misconceptions related to such stories and accusations.
- Dogs are always brave when it comes to hunting, I remember my grandfather’s dog and it was really a hunter.
- Dogs must e trained because they can help us in many ways including security, hunting, competitions and other.
5 examples of how to use Dogs’ in a sentence
- Dogs’ responsibility is not that to cook food and I am not satisfied with your results too; now don’t create any other story related to your failure.
- Dogs’ hunters are roaming around the village and they will carry dogs with them too, that’s why we must take care of our dogs.
- Dogs’ relations with their owners anywhere in the world are quite same and I haven’t received any concern like your ones yet.
- Dogs’ puppies must not be kept with other dogs, especially during the first week because there are many cases with unwelcoming results.
- Dogs’ breeds are quite confusing now a day because I am unable to identify the breeds and when they are puppies it’s really hard to identify the breeds.
5 examples of how to use Dog’s in a sentence
- Our dog’s sense of smell is really admirable because it has helped many security agencies in finding the criminals and explosives.
- You must be conscious about the health of dog’s puppies because during their first week one must give them extra care.
- My dog’s relation with me is like that one in stories and I have many other examples to relate it with such stories.
- Our dog’s has many stories and one of the best is that one when it helped me to find my necklace which was very precious for me.
- Dog’s security is always admirable that’s why I can’t replace my dog with any person and my dog is quite powerful too.
Quiz: Have you mastered Dogs or Dogs’ or Dog’s?
Correct answers can be seen under the next heading
- (A. dogs /B. dogs’/C. dog’s) must be trained because it’s very important to train your dogs and it can be very helpful for us.
- (A. dogs /B. dogs’/C. dog’s) must be strong and brave enough to help us during security operations and I always prefer German Shepherds for such activities.
- She is fond of (A. dogs /B. dogs’/C. dog’s) loyalty and I am going to gift a puppy on her next birthday, she will be very happy.
- I am quite confused to select my (A. dogs /B. dogs’/C. dog’s) companion; Anna, you must help me to select a best friend for my dog and I think that little one must be perfect, what do you think?
- (A. dogs /B. dogs’/C. dog’s) vaccination has been stared and I am taking our dog to be vaccinated; you must bring your ones Angelina.
Answers to the quiz on Dogs or Dogs’ or Dog’s
You may also like: Cats or Cats’ or Cat’s? Correct Possessive (Helpful Examples)