Are you trying to sound polite and appreciative after meeting with someone?
Whether it’s a formal or social encounter, you should know how to say “I enjoyed your company” in the best ways.
Luckily, this article will help you.
We’ve gathered some alternatives to show you other ways to say “I enjoyed your company”:
- I had a great time with you
- Your company was delightful
- Spending time with you is always a pleasure
- I really liked seeing you
- I thoroughly enjoyed our time together
- Your company made my day
- I had a blast with you
- It was a joy to be in your presence
- I had a fantastic time with you
- You made my day brighter
Keep reading to learn how to say “I enjoyed your company.” There are some great options available that cover all kinds of different contexts.
1. I Had a Great Time With You
Let’s start with something that works well in both professional and social situations. You can go back to basics and say “I had a great time with you.”
This is ideal when emailing a client. It shows you really enjoyed getting to know them and being in their company. Of course, it’s a bit overly friendly, so it will only work if you get along really well with them.
Alternatively, you can use it when messaging a date. It shows you enjoyed your date with someone and would, hopefully, like to do it again.
You can also refer to this email example:
Dear Mr. White,
I had a great time with you. Thank you so much for letting me come to the meeting to discuss this further.
All the best,
2. Your Company Was Delightful
For a more friendly and social alternative to “I enjoyed your company,” try “your company was delightful.”
Notice how we’ve mixed the word order slightly to keep it more interesting.
Generally, “your company was delightful” works when texting a friend. It shows you enjoyed hanging out with them and appreciated the time you got to spend together.
We only recommend including this in text messages with people you already know well. Otherwise, it can sound a little creepy or strange.
Here are some great text message samples to help you with it:
- Your company was delightful. I knew we would be able to find some common ground if we looked hard enough.
- Well, your company was delightful. Please let me know when you’d like to meet again, as I’d love to see you.
3. Spending Time With You Is Always a Pleasure
In private conversations, it’s good to use phrases like “spending time with you is always a pleasure.”
It’s cute and caring, showing just how much you enjoy seeing someone.
We recommend using it when texting your girlfriend. It shows you truly enjoy spending time in her company and would love to see her again soon.
Of course, phrases like this make the most sense when you’re early on in a relationship. They’re good to text your partner to show them just how much you care.
You can also review the following examples:
- Spending time with you is always a pleasure, Sophie. You’ve really helped me today, and I look forward to doing it again.
- It’s true that spending time with you is always a pleasure. There’s never a dull moment with you around.
4. I Really Liked Seeing You
You should try writing “I really liked seeing you” in some contexts. It’s actually quite useful in professional situations when you respect the recipient.
For instance, you can use it when emailing a new colleague. It shows you felt like you had a productive meeting with them.
It’s a great way to build a relationship quickly. Also, you can use it to try and set up another meeting in the near future.
This sample email should also clear some things up:
I really liked seeing you yesterday. I hope we can find time to do it again in the near future.
5. I Thoroughly Enjoyed Our Time Together
Everyone appreciates good company. Therefore, when you receive it, you should let the person you met with know how happy you are.
“I thoroughly enjoyed our time together” does exactly that. It shows you’re really happy to have met someone.
We recommend trying it after a date. It works when the date has gone really well, and you’d like to let them know just how excited you are about the prospect.
Perhaps the following examples will also help you:
- I thoroughly enjoyed our time together yesterday. Please let me know when you’re free to meet me again.
- I thoroughly enjoyed our time together. There seems to be something about you that I really enjoy!
6. Your Company Made My Day
Feel free to include “your company made my day” in some text messages. It’s a friendly yet respectful way to show someone that you enjoyed spending time in their company.
We recommend including this when messaging an old friend. If you haven’t seen them for a while, this could be a good way to let them know you enjoyed their company.
Also, saying someone “made your day” is a flattering phrase. It implies that they’ve brightened your mood and made you feel a lot better about something.
Check out these examples to also see how it works:
- Well, your company made my day. Without meeting you, I doubt I would have been in such a bubbly mood.
- Your company made my day. I’m so happy we got to see each other again, and I hope it’s not long before the next one.
7. I Had a Blast With You
It’s good to be conversational and fun when talking to friends. Especially in text messages since people prefer more casual language.
That’s where “I had a blast with you” comes in.
It’s casual and engaging. It shows you had a truly great time with someone. We absolutely recommend including it in your text messages to friends or coworkers.
Also, it’s quite a useful choice after your first meeting. It isn’t quite caring or loving enough to work after a date, but it’s a great way to show how friendly you are when meeting someone new.
Here are two great message samples to help you if you’re still unsure:
- I had a blast with you, Danny. Thank you so much for arranging that day together. Let me know when you’re free again.
- I had a blast with you, and I’m so grateful I met you. You can easily improve my day with little effort.
8. It Was a Joy to Be in Your Presence
You can write “it was a joy to be in your presence” in formal emails. It’s an incredibly useful phrase that keeps things interesting in your writing.
Feel free to include it when emailing a coworker. It shows you enjoyed being around them, especially if they handled themselves well during a meeting.
Above anything else, this phrase is very respectful and sincere. It’ll let your coworker know that you really value them and want to learn a few things from them.
Also, you can refer to the following email example:
It was a joy to be in your presence. You just seem to know how to handle yourself in a room, and I’m always impressed.
9. I Had a Fantastic Time With You
To keep things more simple and friendly, try “I had a fantastic time with you.”
You really can’t go wrong with it. It’s a genuine and caring way to show that you enjoyed spending time in someone’s company.
We recommend including it when texting a friend after seeing them. It shows you enjoyed their company. Also, it’s a great way to let them know you’d happily see them again soon.
These message examples should also help you:
- I had a fantastic time with you, and I can’t wait to do it again. Please let me know when you’re next free.
- It’s clear that I had a fantastic time with you, right? Because I haven’t had that much fun in so long.
10. You Made My Day Brighter
“You made my day brighter” is another way to say “I enjoyed your company.” It actually works well in friendly and romantic conversations, so try it when messaging friends or partners.
For instance, you can use it after a date. It shows that someone really brightened your mood for the day, and you would happily meet them again.
Alternatively, you can use it when meeting with a group of friends. It lets them know just how much fun you had in their company.
Don’t leave without checking out the following examples if you’re still unsure:
- It’s no surprise that you made my day brighter. You are one of the nicest people I’ve ever met.
- You made my day brighter. Thanks for reaching out and arranging this little date, as I had the best time.
Martin holds a Master’s degree in Finance and International Business. He has six years of experience in professional communication with clients, executives, and colleagues. Furthermore, he has teaching experience from Aarhus University. Martin has been featured as an expert in communication and teaching on Forbes and Shopify. Read more about Martin here.