“Clients” is the plural form of the singular noun ‘client’. In order to make plural of a singular noun we usually add‘s’ or ‘es’ after the words.
“Clients’” is the possessive form of plural noun ‘clients’. In English grammar, possessives are used to indicate relations and possessions between people and things. In order to make possessive form of a plural word, we generally add an apostrophe (‘) at the end of that word; the possessive form of the plural noun “clients” will be clients’.
“Client’s” is the possessive form of singular noun ‘client’. In English grammar, possessives are used to indicate relations and possessions between people and things. In order to make possessive form of a singular word, we generally add an apostrophe + s (‘s) with that word; the possessive form of the word “client” will be client’s.
Should I use Clients or Clients’ or Client’s?
Clients should be used if you are talking about more than one client, not his possessions. For example: I have a lot of clients. Clients’ should be used if you are talking about more than one client and their possessions or relations. For example: More than 100 clients’ parcels have been sent. On the other hand, if you are talking about only one client and his possessions or relations then you must use client’s. For example: my client’s budget is always less.
5 examples of how to use Clients in a sentence
- It’s very hard to build good relations with clients, I am also unable to find such clients; you must guide me Adam to have some great clients.
- All the clients are invited to visit our company’s garden; we have a prize distribution ceremony that’s why every one of you must be there.
- To deal with clients is not a piece of cake, one must be fluent in communications and to have a good knowledge of psychology is a plus point.
- John is a physiotherapist, he has a lot of clients and he always visit them; he suggest them healthy exercises and treat them with modern machines.
- Good clients are always helpful for the freelancers; one must have the knowledge and ability to deal with his clients.
5 examples of how to use Clients’ in a sentence
- Clients’ satisfaction is very important, without it our company cannot progress; so every one of you must be responsible to deal our clients efficiently.
- I have a meeting with my clients’ batch next morning; I will be very busy tomorrow but I will accompany you next time.
- My clients’ assistant always brings gifts for me; she is always cooperative and she trusts me every time for their work.
- Clients’ messages are sometime confusing; they provide inappropriate and less information, which always annoy me.
- Clients’ cooperation is very necessary, without their cooperation we cannot progress and their feedback is important too.
5 examples of how to use Client’s in a sentence
- My client’s driver has left some parcel, I am searching for it but I don’t know where it is; can you help me to find it, Anna?
- My Client’s demands are always confusing; she asks for irrelevant questions and she always provides a few guidelines to follow.
- Client’s cooperation and feedback is very important; always consider it and try to build a good relation and cooperation with her.
- Client’s demands were high that’s why I canceled this project and I don’t want to meet such clients again.
- Client’s knowledge about her project was amazing; she was an insightful person and I am lucky to work with such a scholar.
Quiz: Have you mastered Clients, Clients’ and Client’s?
Correct answers can be seen under the next heading
- Don’t ignore your (A. clients /B. clients’/C. client’s) message, there can be some important points and you will never get a chance to see it again!
- (A. clients /B. clients’/C. client’s) are always dominant over the workers; they don’t treat the workers equally.
- Show me your (A. clients /B. clients’/C. client’s) reviews, I will guess your results from those reviews and it will guide you a lot.
- Always consider your (A. clients /B. clients’/C. client’s) budget before starting the contracts because it will annoy you after knowing the intensity of the work.
- Some (A. clients /B. clients’/C. client’s) are very tricky about their budget, they will hack your mind with unintelligible guidelines and deadlines.
Answers to the quiz on Clients, Clients’ and Client’s
You may also like: Boys or Boys’ or Boy’s? Correct Possessive (Helpful Examples)