At some point, you may have been told to “fulfill your dream” or wished to express this sentiment towards someone else. However, this is a very commonly used phrase and occasionally, we would appreciate the use of an appropriate alternative. This article will be highlighting ten different usable terms.
What Can I Say Instead Of “Fulfill Your Dream”?
While there is nothing wrong with saying “fulfill your dream”, it’s always good to be prepared with knowledge of appropriate alternative phrases. This article will go over the following phrases, their particular meanings and how we can use them.
- Achieve Your Ambitions
- Meet Your Desires
- Make Your Dreams Come True
- Accomplish Your Goals
- Achieve Your Aspirations
- Execute Your Intentions
- Carry Out Your Plan
- Implement Your Vision
- Reach Your Full Potential
- Achieve Your Dreams
The preferred version is “achieve your ambitions”. This is because when we say “achieve your ambitions”, whether to someone else or ourselves, we are meaning to express that while it may require immense effort, only we can achieve our ambitions in life.
Achieve Your Ambitions
When we say “achieve your ambitions” we mean to convey that in order to achieve the things we desire in life, we must work incredibly hard. It requires dedication and self-effort, as no one else can make things happen for us.
This is not to say that people can’t assist us, offer advice, etc., along the way, however, when it comes to “achieving your ambitions”, it will require our full commitment.
Here are a few examples of how we can use this phrase:
- Only you can achieve your ambitions. While people may offer guidance along the way, what it really boils down to is you and your determination.
- My mother always tells me to work hard and achieve my ambitions.
- If you practice and dedicate your time to learning the lines, I’m sure you can achieve your ambitions of playing the lead role.
Meet Your Desires
When we say “meet your desires” we are meaning to express that we must push towards the goals that we have set for ourselves. If you wish to “meet your desires”, you must figure out the best plan of action for yourself.
Your plan of action will include the path that will best lead you to what it is you want in life. Only you can figure this out, as no one else can tell you what you truly desire in life.
We will now go over some examples using this phrase:
- Recognize your hidden talents, stop criticizing yourself so harshly, and move forward to meet your desires in life.
- If you wish to meet your desires head-on, then you’ll have to actualize the plans you’ve made over the last few years.
- A huge part of trying to meet your desires is also recognizing when you require assistance.
Make Your Dreams Come True
When we say “make your dreams come true”, we are telling someone to put forth the effort and make things happen themself. It’s amazing to have dreams or aspirations, but we must actualize these for ourselves. If we don’t put in the necessary work, it won’t come true.
Dreams generally only become reality when we create that reality through recognizing what is needed and accomplishing all tasks or overcoming all hurdles in the way.
To showcase how we can use this phrase, here are a few examples:
- Only you can make your dreams come true – never forget that.
- If you want to make your dreams, come true, then you need to buckle down and work towards them.
- You can make your dreams come true if you’re willing to put forth immense effort.
Accomplish Your Goals
When you choose to use the phrase “accomplish your goals”, you are saying that you wish to achieve or complete something successfully. Generally, a goal is something that we will have to work towards or that will take time and effort.
Here are some examples that show appropriate ways to use this statement:
- You will hold so much pride in yourself the day you accomplish your goals.
- I know that you can accomplish your goals if you would just focus and put forth the required effort.
- Our teacher would always tell us that we can accomplish your goals, only if you cast your self-doubt aside.
Achieve Your Aspirations
When we tell someone to “achieve your aspirations”, we are expressing that they should successfully bring about positive results in their life. This is the process of actively working to whatever it is we desire most in life, be it a new job, graduating from university, etc.
Some ways in which we can use this particular phrase are:
- You have put forth tremendous effort in the pursuit to achieve your aspirations and for that, I am so proud of you.
- Only you can achieve your aspirations, I am merely here to act as your guide.
- Do you feel you can achieve your aspirations, putting in the level of effort that you have?
Execute Your Intentions
When someone says “execute your intentions”, they are expressing that we need to carry out or put a plan into effect in order to achieve whatever it is we want in life. This is another way of saying that we should execute our plan.
To merely sit on a plan, but never put it in action, will get us nowhere in life. We need to overcome any fear or self-doubt and push forward.
Here are some examples using this particular statement:
- You must execute your intentions if you wish to get anywhere in life.
- I have noticed that you’ve begun to execute your intentions that you have told me about.
- You did execute your intentions and because of that, you are now on your way to becoming a nurse. I am so proud of you!
Carry Out Your Plan
When folks tell you to “carry out your plan” they are meaning to say that we need to actualize the intentions or thoughts that we have had, in order to accomplish our overall goal. This is meant as encouragement or a slight nudge in the right direction.
When you are to “carry out your plan”, you’re going forward with the steps that you know you must take, to get to wherever it is you want to go in life.
To showcase the use of this term, here are some examples using it:
- You must carry out your plan if you wish to actualize your goals in life.
- If you carry out your plan accordingly, you should have no trouble getting a new position.
- I’ve seen you taking the appropriate steps to carry out your plan.
Implement Your Vision
When it’s said to “implement your vision” it’s meant that we should take the necessary steps in order to achieve whatever it is that we have envisioned for ourselves in life. In terms of our life’s vision, only we know what that is and can, therefore, figure out the process to take.
Here are a few examples showing how to utilize this statement:
- You must implement your vision if you wish to open your own art gallery.
- If you implement your vision, there’s no telling where life will take you.
- I’m proud of you, you implemented your vision to perfection.
Reach Your Full Potential
When someone says for you to “reach your full potential” they are attempting to tell you to go for whatever it is you want most in life and to not hold back for anyone or anything. Only we can determine what our full potential is, this is merely encouragement to find it.
Some ways in which we can appropriately use this phrase are:
- I know you can reach your full potential if you just out forth your best effort.
- I can see your effort to reach your full potential and I’m really proud of you.
- You can reach your full potential; I know it and you know it too!
Achieve Your Dreams
The last alternative we will go over is “achieve your dreams”. When someone says “achieve your dreams” they are trying to convey the necessary support for us to push towards our largest goals in life. Chasing our dreams also develops our courage, so this is a considerably kind remark.
Finally, we will go over our last few examples;
- I know you can achieve your dreams, so please, never give up.
- You are getting so close to the point where you will have achieved your dreams and I’m so happy for you.
- If you attempt to achieve your dreams, I’m sure there’s nothing that can stop you.
What Does It Mean To Fulfill Your Dreams?
If you are to “fulfill your dreams”, it means that you are going to or have done what you’ve said you would. When we fulfill our dreams, we have worked to bring something to completion or reality. Often, this is a daunting but rewarding task.
Often, when someone says for you to “fulfill your dreams”, it’s meant as an encouraging statement, to push us towards what they believe we can do. They want us to realize our own potential and worth.
You may also like: 10 Best Synonyms For “Push Yourself”
Martin holds a Master’s degree in Finance and International Business. He has six years of experience in professional communication with clients, executives, and colleagues. Furthermore, he has teaching experience from Aarhus University. Martin has been featured as an expert in communication and teaching on Forbes and Shopify. Read more about Martin here.