Saying “I’m lucky to have you” is always meant with love and kindness. It’s such a sweet message, and it would help to know how to reply to it to match the sweetness (or be a bit funny in your response). This article will explore the best responses.
The best ways to respond include “I’m so lucky to have you too,” “I appreciate you saying that,” and “that means a lot to me.” These are great ways to respond because they show you care about the other person. If you want to make them feel good, say these.
I’m So Lucky To Have You Too
“I’m so lucky to have you too” is a simple response. It’s the most effective way to reply because it returns the exact sentiment with “too” at the end to show that you share the feelings.
Some people think that generic responses like “you too” or “I feel the same” aren’t all that powerful. They are a bit too impersonal, which is why it makes more sense to repeat the phrase and add “too” at the end.
- I’m so lucky to have you too. I don’t know where my life would be right now without you in it. Thank you for being here.
- I’m so lucky to have you too. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and I’m so glad you finally feel the same way.
- I’m so lucky to have you too. You’ve made me the happiest man alive, and I can’t wait to see what the future might hold.
I Appreciate You Saying That
“I appreciate you saying that” shows that someone’s words have resonated with you. It shows that you care about them, and you’re glad they feel a positive way about you like this.
Using this phrase lets someone know that you’re appreciative. It doesn’t outright say that you are lucky to have them, but that is implied through the context.
- I appreciate you saying that. I’m glad that I can be such a big part of your life. You always make me so happy.
- I appreciate you saying that. I feel very lucky too, and I hope that you’ll allow me to prove myself to you as we move forward.
- I appreciate you saying that. I really do. You mean a lot to me, and I want you to know that I’m always here for you.
That Means A Lot To Me
“That means a lot to me” is a very common phrase people use to reply to “I’m so lucky to have you.” It works well because it shows how you feel about what that person is saying to you.
You can also use “that means a lot to me” for any other romantic phrase. It shows that someone has really moved you and made you feel good about yourself.
- That means a lot to me. I had no idea you felt about me in that way. I guess I know now, and I’ll show you how much I care.
- That means a lot to me, so thank you. I don’t know where I’d be in my life without you, but I definitely wouldn’t be here.
- That means a lot to me. I’m glad that I’m your friend, and I hope we’ll get a chance to show each other how much we care.
Yes, You Are
“Yes, you are” is a jokey response that works well. It shows that you value your importance and believe you and the person you are speaking to have a good time together. “Yes, you are” means that you jokingly know that the other person is lucky.
If you say this phrase without it being a joke, it obviously comes across as quite cocky and arrogant.
If you use it appropriately and accept that it’s just a joke, you will often make the other person laugh. You’ve got to make sure you know your audience with this one.
- Yes, you are. I’m glad you finally realized it. Obviously, you’d have to be a fool to let somebody like me go!
- Yes, you are. I suppose you’re looking for a compliment from me, too. I guess I’m quite lucky to have you as well.
- Yes, you are. Make sure you don’t forget that! I’m the best thing that’s ever happened to you. That will never change!
Don’t Forget It
“Don’t forget it” is another jokey response. You can use it sarcastically to show that you want people to remember that they’re really lucky. If you think you add a lot of value to someone’s life, you should use this phrase.
- Don’t forget it! I’m the best thing around this place. For you, there isn’t anyone who can compare to what I can give.
- And don’t forget it! I think you’re quite nice too, so I’m glad you feel lucky to have me around and in your life.
- Don’t forget it! I suppose I can say you make me happy enough to think of myself as lucky too! Thank you for that!
It Feels Good To Hear You Say That
“It feels good to hear you say that” shows that you’re glad someone cares about you. “Feels good” is used here to show that their words have had a positive impact on you.
It’s a good idea to use this phrase when you aren’t quite ready to say the words back.
It also works if you said the words first and were waiting a long time to hear the other person say them back to you. The “good” feeling comes from waiting.
- It feels good to hear you say that. I always knew you liked me, but I don’t think I realized just how much.
- It feels good to hear you say that, to be honest. I was having a low moment, so I’m glad you could be so kind to me.
- It feels good to hear you say that. I feel the same way about you, and I’m so glad you’ve finally put your feelings on the table.
What A Lovely Thing To Say
“What a lovely thing to say” is another loving way to show that someone’s words meant a lot to you. If they’ve been really kind and said, “I’m so lucky to have you,” it shows that they really care about you and want to share it.
You don’t have to reciprocate the feelings when using this phrase. “What a lovely thing to say” shows that you’re glad they said it, even if you don’t want to say it back yet.
- What a lovely thing to say! To be honest, I had no idea you were going to come out with something so caring today! So, thanks for that.
- What a lovely thing to say to me. Of course, I agree with you, and I think I’m the lucky one for getting you to be in my life.
- What a lovely thing to say! How long have you been sitting on that one? You should have told me that sooner.
I Feel The Same
“I feel the same” is a great alternative you can use. It shows that you share the feelings of the person speaking to you. This is a great way of showing that you care about them equally. It’s best to use something like this when you’re in a relationship with a person.
Some people would say that “I feel the same” is a bit impersonal. After all, it removes the need to use the original sentiment and replaces it with a generic response.
Using it is similar to when someone might say, “I love you,” and you respond with, “you too.” It’s not the best or most romantic thing to say.
- I feel the same way. I want you to know that I care about you a lot, and I want you to understand that I’ll do anything for you.
- I feel the same. There’s nobody on this planet that I’d rather be with. I’m so glad that you’re my partner in this.
- I feel the same. I want to be there for you throughout everything in your life. I’m the luckiest person alive.
I Knew You Cared
“I knew you cared” is an interesting one. It shows that you know someone likes you even if they don’t say it a lot. This works best when you’re speaking to someone who doesn’t often share their feelings.
If you’re caught off guard by them sharing their feelings, this phrase does a great job of showing that. It shows that you knew that they cared deep down, but you’re glad they finally said it.
- I knew you cared! I just had to wait for you to finally open up to me. It took some time, but I’m glad you did.
- I knew you cared! I simply knew that you were going to open up and be honest with me about your feelings. Thank you for that.
- I knew you cared. I knew that there was a caring bone in your body. I just had to wait for you to reveal it to me.
Martin holds a Master’s degree in Finance and International Business. He has six years of experience in professional communication with clients, executives, and colleagues. Furthermore, he has teaching experience from Aarhus University. Martin has been featured as an expert in communication and teaching on Forbes and Shopify. Read more about Martin here.