Have you ever wondered how to congratulate two people for a big event in their life? Let’s say they’re celebrating their engagement or having a baby. This article will help you! It will help to know some good ways to congratulate the happy couple and celebrate whatever comes next.
Other ways to say “congratulations to you both” are “congratulations to the two of you,” “congrats to both of you,” and “congratulations!” These are great ways to show you care about a couple, as “both” and “two” show that you’re referring to both people equally with your celebratory words.
1. Congratulations To The Two Of You
“Congratulations to the two of you” shows that you’re happy for a couple of people. “The two of you” refers to two people, meaning that a happy couple has shared positive news with you.
- Congratulations to the two of you. Seriously. You have been through so much, and I’m so glad things are looking up for you.
- Congratulations to the two of you on your new engagement! I couldn’t be happier and can’t wait to see you on your big day.
- Congratulations to the two of you. You are such a beautiful couple, and I wish you all the best for the next chapter in your life.
2. Congrats To Both Of You
“Congrats to both of you” is another great way to congratulate a couple for something big in their life. “Congrats” is a more informal variation of “congratulations” as it is the shortened form of the word.
It’s a great choice if you want to show how much it means to hear positive news from a happy couple.
- Congrats to both of you! I’m so happy that you invited me along to share your big day today. I had a great time.
- Congrats to both of you. You deserve all of the happiness in the world, and I don’t think I could say that about a nicer couple.
- Congrats to both of you! I can’t wait to meet your new baby! They’re going to be such a beautiful soul with parents like you.
“Congratulations” is a simple synonym that works well in every context. You do not have to use this when talking about a couple, but it still works well in that context.
“Congratulations” on its own can work for one, two, or even more people. You can use it whenever you want to share in someone’s happiness or good fortune.
- Congratulations! You have made my day by sharing that news with me! Thank you so much for including me in your big announcement.
- Congratulations! Seriously! I had no idea that something like this was happening in your life. You both deserve this.
- Congratulations! I cannot wait to meet the new baby! They’re going to be so wonderful with parents like you.
4. I Love You Guys So Much
“I love you guys so much” is a great way to congratulate a couple. It shows that you love them and want them to be happy. You do not need to include “congratulations” in every congratulatory message. This phrase does the job just fine.
- I love you guys so much, so this news has made me happier than I’ve ever been. I can’t believe I can share this big day with you!
- I love you guys so much! I can’t believe things are finally starting to go well for both of you. I can’t wait to be at the wedding.
- I love you guys so much! I can tell that you are both excited about this. I can’t wait to be there to support you.
5. You Both Deserve This
“You both deserve this” is another great congratulatory message without using “congratulations.” It shows that you value and respect the couple. If they both deserve happiness and love, this phrase will show them that.
- You both deserve this. It’s huge news! I can’t wait to see you on your wedding day because you’re both going to look so happy.
- You both deserve this, and I love that you’re sharing it with me. You are the best friends a guy could ever ask for.
- You both deserve this. I don’t know how you got so lucky to find each other, but you need to hold on to what you have!
6. Oh, Wow! Congrats!
“Oh, wow! Congrats!” is a great informal synonym you can use. It works best if you’re surprised, as “wow” is used as an exclamation to show that you don’t have any other words to say.
- Oh, wow! Congrats! I must say, I was not expecting this news at all! It’s so amazing to hear that. I couldn’t be happier.
- Oh, wow! Congrats! I think this is the best news I’ve heard all year. I always knew you would tie the knot eventually.
- Oh, wow! Congrats, guys! You both deserve nothing but happiness right now. I love that you could share this with me.
7. That’s Wonderful News!
“That’s wonderful news!” doesn’t explicitly refer to a happy couple, but it is implied through the context. You can use this to congratulate one or two people, but “wonderful news” is usually reserved for weddings, engagements, and baby announcements.
- That’s wonderful news! I’d love to book some vacation time to come and celebrate with you. When do you think the wedding will be?
- That’s wonderful news! I’m so happy that you guys are doing this. It’s going to be such a magical day.
- That’s wonderful news! Thank you for sharing this with me! Is there anyone else you’re going to tell first?
8. I’m So Happy For You Both
“I’m so happy for you both” is a great synonym to show that you care about a couple. Being happy for two people in a relationship shows how much you love them.
- I’m so happy for you both. I don’t think you realize just how much I value both of your friendships. You both deserve this.
- I’m so happy for you both. I can’t believe that you’re going to do this! It’s the best news I’ve heard all year.
- I’m so happy for you both. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help make your big day as special as possible.
9. I’m So Happy To Hear That
“I’m so happy to hear that” is a great phrase to use after you’ve heard some good news. Make sure you use this when a lucky couple have shared some wonderful information or news with you.
- I’m so happy to hear that right now. I love you guys more than anything, so it makes me happy to see you both so happy.
- I’m so happy to hear that. It’s going to be such a magical time when that baby comes along. I cannot wait to meet him or her.
- I’m so happy to hear that. I’m glad you could share this awesome news with me. You both deserve nothing but the best.
10. I’m Glad To See You Both Happy
“I’m glad to see you both happy” shows just how much you care about the lucky couple. If the couple is happy and sharing positive news with you, this phrase is a great way to show them you care.
- I’m glad to see you both happy. You have both been trying so hard to get to a point like this in your life. It’s wonderful news.
- I’m glad to see you both happy. You’re both so loving and caring, and it’s about time that you get to experience that from each other.
- I’m glad to see you both happy. I can already tell that you’re going to have the most magical wedding day of all time.
11. I Am So Proud Of You
“I am so proud of you” is a loving phrase to share your congratulations with one or more people. It doesn’t refer to two people directly, but “you” can be both singular and plural, depending on the context.
- I am so proud of you. You both deserve this, and it’s such a huge step! I can’t wait to see what happens next.
- I am so proud of you both. I never thought we’d be here today, and I’m so glad that you felt the need to share this wonderful news.
- I am so proud of you. You have proven just how much you care about each other. This wedding is going to be so wonderful.
12. This Is The Best News I’ve Heard All Day
“This is the best news I’ve heard all day” is a great way to celebrate and congratulate someone. It shows that you value your friendship with the couple, and you are happy to hear that they’ve got such happy news.
- This is the best news I’ve heard all day. I cannot wait to celebrate with you! You both deserve nothing but happiness.
- This is the best news I’ve heard all day. Congratulations on your engagements, guys! I cannot wait to be there to celebrate.
- This is the best news I’ve heard all day. If you had asked me yesterday whether I saw this coming, I would have to have said no!
Is It Correct to Say “Congratulations to You Both”?
It is correct to say “congratulations to you both.” It’s fairly informal, as “you both” is an informal phrase that includes a redundancy. Still, it works well in many situations when congratulating friends.
The redundancy issue comes from “you both,” as “you” already works as a plural form. You can say “congratulations to you,” which could mean “congratulations to one person” or “congratulations to two people.”
You might also find that “congratulations to both” works well, but that’s a little more jarring. Most native speakers would avoid using this phrase, even though “both” still covers the two people you are congratulating.
You do not need to overthink things when using a phrase like this. If you want to congratulate two people, you may use “congratulations to you both” or any alternative we’ve shared in this article.
It mainly comes down to personal preference and the tone you’re looking for. Remember, “congratulations to you both” is informal.
Martin holds a Master’s degree in Finance and International Business. He has six years of experience in professional communication with clients, executives, and colleagues. Furthermore, he has teaching experience from Aarhus University. Martin has been featured as an expert in communication and teaching on Forbes and Shopify. Read more about Martin here.