Knowing how to thank someone for congratulating you isn’t that hard. Once you know the basics of accepting congratulatory messages, it’s fairly simple to come up with good phrases. This article will look into how to respond to congratulations.
The best responses to “congratulations” are “thank you so much,” “I really appreciate your positivity,” and “thank you for your congratulations.” They keep things simple while showing that you appreciate the kind message or congratulatory attitude of the person speaking to you.
1. Thank You So Much
“Thank you so much” is a simple response, but it’s very effective. You don’t have to overcomplicate your responses in these situations. “Thank you” will always be one of the best choices you can use.
- Thank you so much. Your congratulations mean a lot to us.
- Thank you so much. Your support is what got us to this stage.
- Thank you so much. We’re so excited to see what comes next!
2. I Really Appreciate Your Positivity
“I really appreciate your positivity” works well to accept congratulations when you are expecting big changes in your life. Positive attitudes are always going to help you figure out your next steps, so any positive congratulatory messages you get will be welcome.
- I really appreciate your positivity. I don’t think I could have gotten here without you.
- I really appreciate your positivity. You always know the right thing to say and do.
- I really appreciate your positivity. I’m so excited to see what comes next in my life.
3. Thank You for Your Congratulations!
“Thank you for your congratulations!” is a more direct way of appreciating “congratulations.” You can mention “congratulations” in your response to let someone know exactly what you are thanking them for.
- Thank you for your congratulations! You have no idea how much it means to both of us.
- Thank you for your congratulations! We’re both excited and nervous about whatever comes next.
- Thank you for your congratulations! You are one of my best friends!
4. That Means a Lot to Us
“That means a lot to us” is a good response if you’re speaking for a couple or group of people. You can use “me” if you’re only speaking for yourself. “Us” works well if you’ve just been congratulated for something you’ve done in a group.
- That means a lot to us. We’ll keep you in the loop about the wedding plans.
- Thank you for being such a caring friend. That means a lot to us. The baby will love you.
- That means a lot to us. We’re so excited to welcome our little baby into the world.
5. Oh My God! Thank You!
“Oh my god! Thank you!” shows that you’re surprised someone said “congratulations.” It’s a common way to accept a congratulatory message without being too direct.
- Oh my god! Thank you! I had no idea that you even knew what was happening.
- Oh my god! Thank you! It’s so nice of you to support us in these strange times.
- Oh my god! Thank you! Do you want to come to the wedding as well?
6. We’re So Excited
“We’re so excited” is a common response to “congratulations” when a couple has received good news. For example, if they’re expecting a baby and you congratulate them, they might reply with this.
- We’re so excited about it! We haven’t had anything this huge happen in our lives before.
- We’re so excited. It’s a little nerve-wracking, but we’re sure we’re going to have the best time.
- We’re so excited, and we appreciate your words. Thank you for being such a good friend.
7. We’re So Happy You’re Happy
“We’re so happy you’re happy” is a great response if you value the person who congratulated you. It shows that their happiness has made you happier than you were before you saw them.
- We’re so happy you’re happy. We really wanted you to support us with all of this.
- We’re so happy you’re happy. It wouldn’t have been the same if you weren’t happy for us.
- We’re so happy you’re happy. That’s why we want you to come with us when we go away.
8. Thank You for Believing in Me
“Thank you for believing in me” is a simple way to accept “congratulations” and let someone know that you appreciate them. If they always believed in you, it’s time to let them know how much that means to you.
- Thank you for believing in me. I definitely wouldn’t have been able to get this far without your help.
- Thank you for believing in me. I owe you so much because you helped me get here.
- Thank you for believing in me. If anything, I should be congratulating your belief in me!
9. I Couldn’t Have Done This Without You
“I couldn’t have done this without you” shows that you don’t deserve the congratulations alone. Instead, it shows that you put a lot of faith or trust in the person congratulating you. If anything, the victory should be shared between you.
- I couldn’t have done this without you. We’re a great team, and I think we are destined for greatness.
- I couldn’t have done this without you. I really appreciate how kind you’ve been throughout the day.
- I couldn’t have done this without you. You’re such a gentle spirit. Thank you for being here.
10. I Am Humbled by Your Support
“I am humbled by your support” is a polite way to accept “congratulations” while showing that you do not feel like you deserve it. It’s a great way to remain modest and polite, even if you’ve just emerged victorious over something.
- I am humbled by your support. You don’t know how much it means to me right now.
- I am humbled by your support. It’s nice to see that I have so many people in my corner!
- I am humbled by your support. I had no idea that this many people would cheer me on.
11. I Always Knew You’d Be Here to Support Me
“I always knew you’d be here to support me” shows that you value someone in your life for offering support when you need it. If they’ve recently said “congratulations,” this is a great way to show them how much they mean to you.
- I always knew you’d be here to support me. I really do appreciate your kind words.
- I always knew you’d be here to support me. You have been such a good friend through everything I’ve done.
- I always knew you’d be here to support me. I hope I can repay you and be the one saying congratulations soon!
12. We Did It! We’re a Team
“We did it! We’re a team” is another great way to share your efforts with someone. You should use this phrase if you believe that you wouldn’t have been able to complete something without the help of your “team.”
If your team is congratulating you, it’s worth using this phrase to include them in the victory.
- We did it! We’re a team. Trust me. I wouldn’t have been able to get this close without your expertise.
- I should be congratulating you on your amazing work as my coach. We did it! We’re a team.
- We did it! We’re a team. I owe you so much more than you realize.
13. My Sincerest Thanks
“My sincerest thanks” is a formal way to accept congratulatory messages. It shows that “congratulations” means a lot to you. It’s best to use it with your boss or a coworker.
- My sincerest thanks go to you, dad. I know how much you sacrificed to come and support me today.
- My sincerest thanks. We’ll let you know when we have more information about the party.
- My sincerest thanks. It’s so nice of you to be so involved in this part of my life.
14. Thanks for the Kind Words
“Thanks for the kind words” is a great way to accept any positive message. It works well for “congratulations” because it shows that you have responded positively to someone supporting you.
- Thanks for the kind words. I’ll talk to you soon when I have more concrete plans for the engagement party.
- Thanks for the kind words. It’s nice to have people like you in my life who give unconditional support.
- Thanks for the kind words. You are an angel! I can’t wait for the baby to meet you.
15. You Are So Sweet
“You are so sweet” is a simple way to accept a message of congratulations. It shows that you are thankful for the “sweet” words that someone said to you.
- You are so sweet for saying that. It’s nice to know that you care about what happens in my life.
- You are so sweet. Thank you for congratulating me on the wedding. I didn’t know if you cared.
- You are so sweet. It’s lovely to hear from so many friends that you’re all so happy for me.
16. I’m So Grateful
“I’m so grateful” is a fairly common way to show someone that you appreciate them. It allows you to thank them for their kindness or support. It’s a good choice in many situations when you don’t know what else to say.
- I’m so grateful for what you said. It’s nice to hear from you after all this time.
- I’m so grateful. I don’t think I could have done any of this without you, though.
- I’m so grateful. You’re such a great friend. I hope you know that.
Martin holds a Master’s degree in Finance and International Business. He has six years of experience in professional communication with clients, executives, and colleagues. Furthermore, he has teaching experience from Aarhus University. Martin has been featured as an expert in communication and teaching on Forbes and Shopify. Read more about Martin here.