It’s important to let a new employer know when you can start working. If you’re able to start ASAP, you should make it clear in your application.
But how do you do that?
This article has gathered the best phrases to show you have immediate availability.
- Available immediately
- Ready to start as soon as possible
- Available from
- I’m ready to start from
- I can start immediately
- I can start as soon as possible
- No notice period required
- Will start immediately
- Available ASAP
Keep reading to learn more about the best ways to say you are available to start work as soon as possible. We’ll explain how each example works with examples for each.
1. Available Immediately
You don’t have to overcomplicate things when listing your availability to start work. Keep it simple. It’s the best practice.
“Available immediately” is a great example of this. It works well in a resume because it shows you are ready to start as soon as possible.
Most employers will appreciate seeing this. It’ll allow them to decide whether they’re ready to hire you right away or if there is anything they need to check first.
Perhaps these resume examples will also help you:
- I’m available immediately. I’m happy to discuss options before deciding on the best time to start.
- Available immediately. Please let me know in an email what date you expect the successful candidate to start.
2. Ready to Start as Soon as Possible
Another great alternative is “ready to start as soon as possible.” It’s clear and concise. You can include it in a cover letter to let an employer know you’re keen and ready to go.
We highly recommend this one if you don’t have to work any notice period at another workplace. After all, it’s a great way to show someone you’re ready to start, and most employers will react positively to this message.
Here are a few examples to help you with it:
- I am ready to start as soon as possible. Do you have any openings that are ready for me to fill?
- I’m ready to start as soon as possible. I’m also very keen to join the team and learn more about this company.
3. Available From
Or perhaps you’d rather list the specific date you’re ready to start from. This method still allows you to show that you’re available immediately. The trick is to list today’s date when saying “available from” to let an employer know you’re available ASAP.
It works well professionally and suggests that you are available to work whenever. It’s a great way to be more specific to ensure there’s no confusion between you and an employer after they’ve read your resume.
You should also refer to these examples if you’re still unsure:
- I am available from February 8. Please let me know as soon as you’re ready to fill the position.
- I am available from now and would very much appreciate the chance to join the team.
4. I’m Ready to Start From
Another great option that lets an employer know when you are available is “I’m ready to start from.” It shows enthusiasm for a new job role, which will go a long way when trying to impress a new employer.
Again, when you use “start from,” you can use today’s date. It suggests that you have immediate availability and can start working for the company whenever they’re ready for you.
Here are a few examples to help you understand it:
- I’m ready to start from the 16th. That means I do not need to work a one-month notice period at my current workplace.
- I’m ready to start from now. Please let me know when you’d like me to begin working with your team.
5. I Can Start Immediately
There’s nothing wrong with a bit of simplicity in your cover letters. Try “I can start immediately.” It’s clear and concise. Most employers will appreciate the directness of the phrase, allowing them to decide when they’re ready to take you on.
Of course, it’s never a guaranteed hire. You may still need to go through the interview process first. But it’s always good to include something like this in a professional setting to show that you’re keen and ready to start soon.
You can refer to these examples if you are still stuck:
- I can start immediately. However, I appreciate this may not be possible, so please let me know when works best.
- I can start immediately. After all, I believe that it’s best to get stuck in with the team as soon as possible.
6. I Can Start as Soon as Possible
You may also benefit from using “I can start as soon as possible.” Most cover letters benefit from a phrase like this. It suggests that you are readily available and can start working whenever someone needs you.
It’s fairly professional, allowing you to include it when talking to a new employer. It’s a great alternative to show you are available to start working immediately.
Check out the following examples to see how to use it:
- I can start as soon as possible, as I am very flexible with my current working hours.
- Of course, I can start as soon as possible. Being flexible allows me to choose when I want to work.
7. No Notice Period Required
Former jobs generally require a notice period. However, if you’ve already worked your notice period (or don’t currently have a job), you can say “no notice period required.”
This allows new employers to see that you’re available to start ASAP. It’s a good way to show that you’re ready to work whenever without directly saying “I can start immediately” or anything similar.
You can also check out these resume examples:
- There is no notice period required for me to start in this role. Please let me know when you’d like me to start.
- I do not require a notice period. So, I can start work when you need me.
8. Will Start Immediately
You can keep things simple in your cover letter with “will start immediately.” Including “will” in the phrase is very enthusiastic and shows you’re keen to jump into the new role.
It might help to encourage a new employer to take you on. Using positive language like “will start” instead of “can start” often makes you look more keen and excited. Many employers will look for that when choosing who to hire.
Perhaps these examples will help you if you’re still unsure:
- I will start immediately, as I am already available to work. Let me know what dates you’d like me to start.
- Will start immediately. No notice period is required from my previous job. Happy to discuss specifics.
9. Available ASAP
Finally, you can try a simple phrase like “available ASAP.” It uses as few words as possible to show that you’re ready to work whenever a new employer might need you.
You don’t have to overcomplicate these things. The most successful resumes are those that don’t go into too much detail or use overly wordy sentences. That’s why this phrase works really well in most professional formats.
Here are a few cover letter examples to show you how it works:
- I am available ASAP. Please let me know when you’d like me to begin working for you.
- I am available to start ASAP. I’m happy to discuss options with you to determine the best time.
Martin holds a Master’s degree in Finance and International Business. He has six years of experience in professional communication with clients, executives, and colleagues. Furthermore, he has teaching experience from Aarhus University. Martin has been featured as an expert in communication and teaching on Forbes and Shopify. Read more about Martin here.